If you are interested in computer software design, how computers communicate and how they actually perform their tasks, then this is the course for you. An occasional newsletter about patents, trade marks, designs and other intellectual property matters. This document is provided as a source of general information only and should not be considered legal advice. No guarantee is provided that the information provided herein is complete or current. Readers should not act or rely on any information provided herein without first obtaining specialist professional advice.
- On Levels 1 and 2, you’ll build a software solution in a team, and in your final year you’ll carry out an individual project.
- Each taught year, you will take 120 credit points, which require 1200 hours effort divided into 24 weeks across 2 academic semesters.
- This is in response to discoveries through our world-leading research; funding changes; professional accreditation requirements; student or employer feedback; outcomes of reviews; and variations in staff or student numbers.
- Producing any bespoke software can take a long time and your staff will need to have an input in the development process.
- You will take part in hands-on practical assessments, which will enable you to acquire extensive programming skills in an industry standard programming language.
Everything you need to flourish in the world’s fastest-growing entertainment industry. UK students can take out a tuition fee loan to cover the cost of their course and a maintenance loan of up to £9,706 to cover living costs. The Hull Immersive Visualization Environment provides a virtual reality cube, VR theatre, gigapixel wall facilities, plus wearable devices. We offer a Foundation Year to boost your skills and knowledge – it’s a great way to make your way into higher education. This could include presentations, school experience, work experience or laboratory work. Mixed Reality is a blend of physical and virtual environments, unlocking natural and intuitive 3D human, computer, and environment interactions.
Funding your study
If software is faulty, do you still have to pay to have any problems fixed? You might have to, particularly if support is on a premium-rate phone line. An important factor in choosing software is the availability of technical support. Traditionally, most off-the-shelf software has been delivered on CD-Rom. Its installation is usually simple – insert the CD and answer questions about how and where the software is to be installed. Many types of software are now available to buy and download online, with equally simple installation procedures.
Trying to track down a bug over thousands of lines of code is next to impossible in a simple text editor. Yet an IDE makes that easier resulting in quicker development time and robust software. This course requires academic IELTS 6.0 overall, with no less than 5.5 in each skill. ullanonim.org See other English language proficiency qualifications accepted by this University. All modules are subject to availability and this list may change at any time. You’ll be introduced to the core components of any online information system that drives the information we use today.
Pros and cons of bespoke software
Interest has therefore grown in other forms of protection, more specifically copyright and trade secret law. We encourage group work and face-to-face interaction with your fellow students and academics, that’s why there are plenty of student areas in the building and collaborative student and staff spaces. Students who have completed the first year of a University programme in Vietnam will be considered for direct entry of the undergraduate programme at the University of Birmingham.